Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.SocialOverdrive

The End of an Era... Legacy Discontinued. :(

https://media.subaru.com/pressreleas...ction-end-2025

SUBARU ANNOUNCES LEGACY PRODUCTION WILL END IN 2025
    Production will end spring 2025 at conclusion of 2025 model year
    Starting price of 2025 Legacy is $24,895, same as outgoing 2024 model year
    Award-winning EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology standard on all models
    Subaru of America, Inc. today announced production of the Legacy sedan will end next year at the conclusion of the 2025 model year.

The Subaru Legacy was designed for the American market and on its debut in 1989 it became the first Subaru manufactured in the United States at Subaru’s new Indiana plant, Subaru of Indiana Automotive. The Subaru Legacy has been beloved by owners and renowned for its exemplary safety and reliability; over 94% of Subaru Legacy vehicles sold in the last 10 years are still on the road today* and the model has been an Insurance Institute of Highway Safety Top Safety Pick for 18 years running. ** ***

The first-generation Legacy began a new era for Subaru with a competitive mid-sized sedan and wagon that featured sleek styling and advanced technology such as multi-point fuel injection, four-wheel disc brakes, fully independent suspension, and available Full-Time AWD. Later, the Legacy Wagon became the foundation for the legendary Subaru Outback.

Since its debut, Legacy models sold in the U.S. have been assembled at Subaru of Indiana in Lafayette, Indiana. In total, the six generations of the Subaru Legacy have racked up over 1.3 million sales in the U.S. Though the Legacy is the longest-running Subaru model line, its discontinuation reflects market shifts from passenger cars to SUVs and crossovers and Subaru’s transition to electrified and fully electric vehicles. Including the Solterra EV, which debuted in the 2023 model year, Subaru Corporation, the parent company of Subaru of America, Inc., previously announced it would produce eight EV models by the 2028 calendar year.

The 2025 Legacy will arrive at Subaru retailers this spring and start at $24,895.
    I suppose this means that 7th gen will get 6 model years as opposed to the normal 5. This may be an "F-type", but more likely to be 2 year long E-type.

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    I am conflicted about this.
    On one hand, it's going to be sad to see the end of the platform we all love.
    On the other hand, there are jokes about it now truly being a legacy platform trying to get out. (I guess one just did, didn't it?)
    2002 Outback H6 VDC "Blitzen 6"

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster6
    A sherpa could rip ass somewhere high up in the Himalayas and my Prius will be blown almost off of the road.

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.SocialOverdrive
    The notice only seems to be about the Sedan. The Outback seems to be unaffected by this. After doing a little more digging, it also appears that the Legacy B4 (the sedan in Japan) was quietly discontinued back in 2020, so I guess this is just the US catching up with what the parent company has already done.

That said, this press release is a little weird. We are currently on the 7th gen of Legacy, while it says there have only been 6. It also implies that ALL US sold Legacies were made at SIA, which is not true.. about half of first gen models were made in Japan. I know my old first gen wagon was Japanese made.