G'day guys,

Bit of a long shot here but I was hoping someone might be able to tell me how thick the front subframe spacers are on a bh9 outback? I am looking at de-lifting the front of my car (already did the rear and am running the outback tailshaft still, no issues..), but I am intrigued about the steering column and knuckle changes.

Does changing to the liberty column+coupler/knuckle merely keep the angle of the column-to-rack input shaft correct? I would have thought that going to the longer liberty column and shorter-coupler would make the angle tighter/worse?

Is the liberty meant to have a tighter angle for clearance on say twin turbo models?

From looking at my outback it almost looks as though I could simply push each end of the coupler 10-15mm further onto the column and rack input shafts (pending clearance within the uni joints on the coupler intself).

FYI from what I can see the outback coupler looks approx. 30-32mm longer than the liberty/legacy. I wonder if there is an in-between length coupler from another model subaru? Might allow de-lifts without changing the column?