Thread: Third Gen Black Faced Meter (BFM) Information - 2015-01-09

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.SocialOverdrive
    Are you asking these sellers for pictures of the inside of clusters?

As for the parts, decoupling capacitors rarely are labeled with values, but I would guess something along the lines of 0.1uF at 16v. The circled item is a double via, likely connecting to the ground plane of the board. As for the resistor.. I guess I will have to take the cluster apart again. I will try to get to that sometime during the week.

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by rkrenicki View Post
    Are you asking these sellers for pictures of the inside of clusters?
    I'm simply asking for pictures of the clusters themselves. I just want to confirm it's a black face meter and has no damage.

Thanks for taking apart your cluster again. My background isn't electrical so this is a learn as you go kind of thing.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Romy View Post
    I'm simply asking for pictures of the clusters themselves. I just want to confirm it's a black face meter and has no damage.
    The BFM was quite uncommon in Europe. It was only on the Turbo B4 in mainland europe, and on the 2002/2003 Outback H6 in the UK. As such, the non-H6 meter is still in Kilometers, but is "LHD" so the inverter box on the back on the opposite side.

The UK market 2002/03 Outback H6 meter is the only BFM that has an MPH scale, but is only available as an Automatic and the tachometer is tuned for H6 engines.

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 1
    I've been searching for a 85015AE110 or 111 BFM cluster for a while now. I like that it reads in MPH and includes the security light. If you ever decide to sell yours, I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by rkrenicki View Post
    The BFM was quite uncommon in Europe. It was only on the Turbo B4 in mainland europe, and on the 2002/2003 Outback H6 in the UK. As such, the non-H6 meter is still in Kilometers, but is "LHD" so the inverter box on the back on the opposite side.

The UK market 2002/03 Outback H6 meter is the only BFM that has an MPH scale, but is only available as an Automatic and the tachometer is tuned for H6 engines.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill1977 View Post
    I've been searching for a 85015AE110 or 111 BFM cluster for a while now. I like that it reads in MPH and includes the security light. If you ever decide to sell yours, I'd be interested.
    I actually do have one available. I currently have three in my possession, and only two cars that can use them. I was going to be listing it for sale at some point, but I havent gotten around to it. I will try to get some pictures later this evening and post it up.