This is probably one of the easiest mods that I have ever done. It took significantly longer to research than to do the mod itself.

You will need the following items:
Wire cutters
Pliers
Red wire splice (Can be found at Radio Shack for $2.49 for 7, you will only need 1)

Remove the trim panel from the passenger side foot well. This trim includes the door sill, and is secured by 5 snaps underneath and two plastic push-pins.

In the corner, you will find 4 connector junctions. The two that we are interested in are the Blue one (i53, 16 pin), and the largest white one (B99, 32 pin).

On the Blue i53 Connector, find the Yellow wire with a blue stripe. It will be on the side coming from the dashboard, but there will be no other wire on the other side of the connector. Cut this wire and free it up from the loom a bit.

On the White B99 connector, find the yellow wire with a blue stripe. Pull as much as you can away from the rest of the loom. You will need to cut away some of the electrical tape that is holding the loom together.

Using the wire tap, connect these two wires together. It takes a little doing to get the wires to reach, but it will make it just fine.

Put everything back together, and you are done! This is a shot of my BFM with the trunk indicator illuminated, but this mod will also work on USDM clusters just fine.